Odisha government launched road safety initiative ‘Rakshak’
State government Orissa has launched a first of its kind road safety initiative named Rakshak, To train the first responders of road accidents. Under the programme, 300 master trainers will train 30,000 local people living or working in eateries and various commercial establishments located near accident prone locations. These 30,000 volunteers will be trained as first responders to road accidents. They will be equipped to provide first aid and pre-hospital trauma care to accident victims within the golden hour.
About the initiative:
- The ‘Rakshak’ initiative was organized by commerce and transport department In association with the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusamenerbeit (GIZ) and the Indian Red Cross Society, Odisha State Branch.
- As part of the initiative, the state government will train volunteers in roadside communities such as eateries, small repair shops, gas stations and police officers as first responders for road accident victims.
The training program for the first responders will be conducted in two phases:
- In the first phase, 300 master trainers will be trained by experts from Automotive Skill Development Council (ASDC) at ten locations: Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Berhampur, Sambalpur, Balasore, Koraput, Phulbani, Sundergarh, Keonjhar and Bhawanipatna.
- In the second phase, 300 master trainers will visit accident prone areas in all districts and train local people to help road accident victims. First responders will educate and inform the public about road safety precautions and Good Samaritan law.
Important facts for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Odisha: Naveen Patnaik and Governor Ganeshi Lal.
Find more states in the news here
this is an unedited and auto-generated supporting article of the syndicated news feed are actualy credit for owners of origin centers. intended only to inform and update you about Sakari naukri , result , UPSC , Exam Jobs etc. for Provides real or authentic news. also Original content may not have been modified or edited by Rojgar samachar team members.