PSSSB School Librarian Syllabus 2022 Exam Pattern | Selection Process
PSSSB School Librarian Syllabus 2022 Punjab SSSB has released the School Librarian Exam Syllabus Here we are sharing the Punjab SSSB School Librarian Selection Process & Candidates can Check How to Prepare for Punjab School Librarian Exam Pattern
PSSSB School Librarian Syllabus 2022
Advt. 13 of 2022
About PSSSB School Librarian Recruitment:
Punjab Subordinate Services Selection Board (PSSSB) has invited the Applicants for the 59 posts of School Librarian. many Candidates Filled their Application form from the Date 23.05.2022 to 22.06.2022 for the Above Vacant Posts. Candidates Can check their Recruitment Details from the Below Provided link below.
About Punjab SSSB School Librarian Exam:
PSSSB will conduct the Written Examination for the Posts of School Librarian, Exact Date will be updated soon on the Official Website, or you can check the same form this Posts.
Competition Level nowadays become very high so Competitive Exams gets too tougher. Candidates facing critical problem of “What to prepare” and “How to prepare” to give their best in their exams. So, here we are providing the latest Syllabus & Exam Pattern.
Selection Process of Punjab SSSB School Librarian,
Exam Pattern of Punjab SSSB School Librarian,
Exam Pattern for the Written Exam is as Follows:-
- Exam Will be Objective Type.
- Exam Will Consist Maximum 100 Marks.
- Each Question Will be of 01 Mark.
- The Time Duration of Examination Will be 100 Minutes.
- There Will be a Negative Marking of 1/4 Marks.
- Question paper will be bilingual (Punjabi & English).
- For every category of candidate to be considered for the above mentioned posts must obtain at least 40% (40%) marks in the exam.
|Quantitative Ability and Reasoning Ability||10|
|General Knowledge/Awareness (India & Punjab)||15|
|Information and Communication Technology in Library & Computers||15|
Exam Syllabus of Punjab SSSB School Librarian:
Exam Syllabus for Examination is given below :-
Quantitative Ability and Reasoning Ability –
Number Series, Profit and Loss, Calculation of Interest, Divisibility test, problems on Ratio & Proportions, Percentage problems, problems on Interest, Data Interpretation. Problems on Logical thinking, Alphanumeric Series, Letter & Number Series, Odd Man Out problems, Analogy problems, Common Sense Test, problems on Alphabetical Arrangement of Words.
General Knowledge/Awareness (India & Punjab) –
Current Affairs, History & Geography, Its Physical Features, Climate, Demography of India, Its Economic and Social Development, Poverty Alleviation, Economic Planning, Etc. Economic Affairs and Culture, knowledge related to Political and Scientific fields, Sports, Cinema and Literature etc. Important Events, Movements and Leaders of India and Punjab. (Only questions with definitive dates Jr years, if required).
Information and Communication Technology in Library & Computers ,
Basics of Computers, Working of Mobile Phones and personal digital Gadgets, Wireless Technology including 3G, 4G 5G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, Use of hotspots, Fundamentals of Computer networks, Internet, Malware, Concepts related to GPS, understanding emails/SMS/ messengers, Use of Office Productivity Tools such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS excel, spreadsheets, Library software: KOHA, SOUL, LIBSYS. Barcode am-RFID. E-Publishing.
Languages (English/Punjabi) –
Basic Grammar, Subject and Verb, Adjectives and Adverbs, Synonyms, Antonyms, One word Substitution, Fill in the blanks, Problem concerning words, Comparison of Adjectives, Articles, Prepositions, Direct and Indirect Speech, Active and Passive Voice, Correction in Sentences, gender, Singular and Plural, Idioms and their meanings, Reading comprehension, Spell Checks etc.
- Libraries: Organization, purpose and functions oi Libraries; National and international Library Associations: ILA, ALA, CILIP IASLIC, RRRLF, UNE.;CO, IFLA. Laws of Library Science., Different types of Libraries; Library Movement in India after 1947; Library Co-operation, Library Consortium.
- Different sections of the Library and their functions: Acquisition, Periodical, Technical, Reference, Circulation and Maintenance; Library Rules. Elementary knowledge of computer application in libraries.
- Reference Service – Definition, need and purpose of Reference Service; Initiation of fresh reader; Kinds of Reference Service; CAS and SDI. Documentary and Non-Documentary sources of information including electronic. Reference and Information Sources: Definition, kinds and uses; evaluation of reference sources. Documentation and information centers and, Information system and networks with special reference to India: DELNET, INFLIBNET, NISCAIR, DESIDOC, NASSDOC.
- Bibliography Definition, need and purpose of bibliography; kinds of bibliographies; National Bibliography (INB/ BNB); Subject Bibliography; Trade Bibliography.
- Classification: Definition, need, purpose: Fundamental Categories and Facet analysis: Notation; Call Number Book number and Collection number; Schemes of Library Classification: Introduction to Dewey Decimal Classification and Colon Classification. Electronic classification: Web Dewey.
- Library Catalog: Definition, need, purpose and functions; Physical forms of catalogues, Types of Catalogs; Kinds of entries and their functions; Parts of entries; Subject headings and chain procedure; filing of entries, Current trends: MARC, ISBD, CCF, RDA.
- School Library System: Definition, needs and objectives, components, Information sources in school library, Initiatives for School Libraries in India, Role of Professional Associations in development of school libraries, International Association of School Librarianship (IASL), IFLA School Libraries Section.
- Library and its users: Role of libraries in digital context; categories of users and their information needs; information seeking behavior user studies; Research tools.
Final Words :
All the Candidates are Advised to be in touch with the Official Website to got the Information Regarding Exam Syllabus, Admit Card & Other Related Information. Also the Candidates Can Bookmark us ,www.examreel.com, by Pressing Ctrl+D.
Important Link Area for PSSSB School Librarian Syllabus:
!!..Wish You All The Best..!!
Candidates can leave your comments in the comment box. Any query & Comment will be highly welcomed. Our Panel will try to solve your query. Keep Updating Yourself.
FAQ of PSSSB School Librarian Exam Syllabus:
Selection will be done on the basis of Written Exam.
Exam Will be Objective Type.
Exam Will Consist Maximum 100 Marks.
Each Question Will be of 01 Mark.
The Time Duration of Examination Will be 100 Minutes.
There Will be a Negative Marking of 1/4 Marks.
Question paper will be bilingual (Punjabi & English).
For every category of candidate to be considered for the above mentioned posts must obtain at least 40% (40%) marks in the exam.
this is an unedited and auto-generated supporting article of the syndicated news feed are actualy credit for owners of origin centers. intended only to inform and update you about Sakari naukri , result , UPSC , Exam Jobs etc. for Provides real or authentic news. also Original content may not have been modified or edited by Rojgar samachar team members.