Supreme Court suggests 2-day lockdown in Delhi to bring down the wind

Supreme Court suggests 2-day lockdown in Delhi to bring down the wind

The Supreme Court on Saturday took a serious look at the severe air pollution in Delhi-NCR and suggested that if necessary the government may announce a two-day lockdown to bring down the level caused by stubble burning, vehicles, firecrackers. . Industry, dust.

Initially, a bench headed by Chief Justice NV Ramana told Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, representing the Centre, that “the situation is very bad… in the house we are wearing masks. It is a bad situation”.


“How To Control Air Pollution In Delhi, Two Days Lockdown Or What. How Will People Live In Delhi?” questioned the Chief Justice.

Mehta began the argument by detailing the steps taken by the Air Quality Management Commission to reduce air pollution in the NCR and surrounding areas, including those to tackle agricultural stubble burning.

A bench of Justices DY Chandrachud and Surya Kant said that instead of blaming farmers, all state governments and the Center should come together to address the issue of air pollution.

The Chief Justice said that stubble burning by farmers is responsible for only 25 per cent pollution, and the remaining 75 per cent pollution is caused by burning of crackers, vehicular pollution, dust.

The Chief Justice told Mehta: “Where is the effective mechanism to control the pollution of firecrackers, vehicles. Look at the level of pollution,” to which the latter said that both the central and state governments should work together to resolve the issue. Is doing.

The Chief Justice said: “We have nothing to do, governments need a vivid solution, how to control. Two to three days’ short-term plans are needed to control pollution.”

Mehta clarified that he is not saying that only farmers are responsible for the severe air pollution that has engulfed Delhi-NCR.

Justice Chandrachud pointed out that the Delhi government has opened schools and cited the observation of the AIIMS director that it is a triple whammy – pollution, covid and dengue.

“Their lungs are exposed,” he said.

The top court asked the Center and the Delhi government on Monday to apprise them of the decisions taken to take emergency steps to address severe air pollution in the capital.

The top court was hearing a plea of ​​a minor boy seeking directions against stubble burning and other factors linked to high pollution levels in Delhi-NCR.

–IANS

SS/KSK/

(Only the title and image of this report may have been reworked by Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is generated automatically from a syndicated feed.)

                                                    </div><div style="background: #fee8dd; padding: 12px; border: dashed 1px black; margin-bottom: 20px;">

mail Dear reader,

Business Standard has always worked hard to provide updated information and commentary on events that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering has only reinforced our resolve and commitment to these ideals. Even during these difficult times arising out of COVID-19, we are committed to keeping you informed and updated with relevant news, authoritative views and scathing comments on relevant relevant issues.
However, we have a request.

As we grapple with the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to provide you with more quality content. Our subscription model has received an encouraging response from many of you who have subscribed to our online content. Subscribing to more of our online content can only help us achieve our goals of providing you with better and more relevant content. We believe in independent, unbiased and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practice the journalism we’re committed to.

support quality journalism and Subscribe to Business Standard,

digital editor

,

—-*Disclaimer*—–

this is an unedited and auto-generated supporting article of the syndicated news feed are actualy credit for owners of origin centers. intended only to inform and update you about Sakari naukri , result , UPSC , Exam Jobs etc. for Provides real or authentic news. also Original content may not have been modified or edited by Rojgar samachar team members.

Leave a Reply